The Scriptwriter is responsible for developing rough production concepts into well written, detailed stories for feature films, documentaries, commercials and TV programs. He/She develops story elements to translate the creative vision into stories for production, with a deep understanding of the storyline and target audience. He/She works closely with the production teams to review and revise the script to fit potential audience appeal. He/She reviews the work to ensure it meets required editorial standards. He/She also ensures regulatory requirements are adhered to, and the local needs of the primary audience met.
- Develop and research ideas for original productions.
- Produce original ideas for consideration based on the understanding of the audience.
- Create an initial framework, or treatment, for productions.
- Write or adapt a story into a script.
- Discuss content details with technical teams to ensure that it meets desired standards.
- Weave together visual elements in scenes with plot and dialogue.
- Work with producers and directors to edit and adjust the script as needed.
- Write the narrative script describing in detail the plot, characters, environment, moods and dialogues.
- Highly creative and able to come up with new ideas and also envision what a film might be like before it’s made.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Familiar with script-writing guidelines and techniques
- Able to develop a full-length script within required deadlines
- Possess strong grammar and writing capability.
- Ability to work under pressure to manage edits within a short time frame
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
At least 1 years’ experience writing and editing scripts for film, documentaries or commercials
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.