We are looking for a disciplined and talented score composer to join our film department. The score composer’s responsibilities include collaborating with the production team to create original scores, ensembles, and arrangements for films, documentaries and commercials. You should be able to analyze scripts and specifications to develop appropriate soundtracks for each project.
To be successful as a composer, you should have a firm grasp of structure and be able to incorporate musical patterns in your own work. Outstanding candidates create memorable music and are able to convey powerful emotions in their compositions.
- Analyzing projects and specifications and liaising with directors and other stakeholders to gather information prior to the composition process.
- Composing, recording, and performing musical scores and arrangements that complement television shows, commercials, movies, theatre productions, and video games.
- Attending rehearsals or studio sessions and providing creative input to actors, musicians, and directors.
- Expanding knowledge of musical equipment, software packages, and technical recordings.
- Scheduling meetings with directors and producers to discuss contract and project requirements.
- Receiving feedback and completing composition revisions.
- Communicating any issues to the producer or director in a timely manner.
- Traveling out to meet clients or relocating for the duration of the project.
- Networking with other industry professionals and conducting research on classical as well as modern compositions.
- Regularly attending the theatre to gain new ideas and inspiration.
- Bachelor’s degree in music & drama, music theory, or other relevant degree.
- A portfolio of existing work would be a plus.
- Competence in one or more instruments.
- Singing ability might be advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow directions and collaborate with others.
- Disciplined with excellent time management skills.
How to Apply:
Please email all required documents with ‘App Score Composer’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for receipt of applications is 19th May 2023.